For many people, this may be your first visit to a chiropractor. So please allow us to give you an outline of what to expect.
We ask that you dress comfortably for the consultation; this will make sure we can be as thorough as we can in our examination. If you have any current or prior exams such as CTs, MRIs, X-rays or other relevant test results, please bring them along to assist the Chiropractor in learning as much as they can regarding your condition.
Chiropractic Consultation and Examinations
Following the paperwork, you will meet with Greg to talk about the relevant details of your health. As a way of learning what may have contributed to your problem, we may ask questions regarding previous injuries, falls, postural habits, sports, repetitive stressors, etc.
Our goal is to help you find out the cause of the problem, if it’s something we feel we can help with we’ll continue with our examination, if its outside our expertise, we will let you know and find someone who can. Following our consultation, we will then begin our four (4) exams.
We are extensive in our initial exam to make sure we help you find the underlying cause of the problem which should take a total of 45 minutes.
- Physical Examination
- Structural Chiropractic Examination
- Thermal reading Nervoscope analysis
Digital X-Ray Analysis (if necessary).
After your Exam
Following your first visit, Greg will review your consultation and the four examinations to review the source of your health problems. We understand that no two conditions are the same. As such, the chiropractor will review a specific program of correction that is customised to you.
Our staff will then give you a folder that includes your results, as well as some information about our office.
We have built strong relationships with health care providers throughout the Moree and the surrounding towns. If we find during the examination that this is not a chiropractic case, know you will be immediately referred to a health practitioner we feel best suits your condition.
Rachel will provide a comprehensive assessment and treatment program that takes into account your current capacity, lifestyle, any sporting activities and how you want to live your life from now onwards.
What to Expect
At the initial treatment session, Rachel will take a detailed account of the problem, followed by a physical examination in order to make a clinical diagnosis.
Each physiotherapy treatment and injury recovery plan is specifically tailored to your individual needs – we explain to you the underlying cause of your condition so that you can take control of your own recovery program.
We pride ourselves in offering our patients the latest technology. To create your tailored exercise programs we use a brand new app called PhysiApp. PhysiApp lets you complete your prescribed exercise program by following crystal-clear, narrated exercise videos. PhysiApp is completely free to download from the App store and Google Play store or can be accessed via your browser. Built-in reminders help you to stay on track towards a better you!
Workplace Health and Safety
- Optimising employee work environments can reduce stress and eliminate many potential injuries and disorders associated with the overuse of muscles, bad posture and repeated tasks.
Our team has a passion to help increase the quality of life for our community. A part of this vision is to do complimentary presentations in workplaces, offices, schools, sporting clubs and community groups. Here are some common topics we can address:
- Workplace Ergonomics Assessment
- How to Correct and Maintain a Good Posture at Work and at Home
- Tips on improving Posture and Proper Ergonomics at work / home
- How to Prevent Injuries in the Workplace
- Stretching and Mobility in the workplace
- How to Resolve Back and Neck Pain
- How to prevent Back and Neck Pain
- Posture exercises for poor posture
- What are the best Exercises and Stretches for Back and Neck pain
To find out more about our presentations, please contact our off team or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
“We are proud to work with the following organisations in Moree to support their Corporate health and Work place safety programs”
- Studies have revealed that 1 in 3 women are affected by urinary incontinence.
Despite this fact, many women choose to put up with these problems for years due to the fear of embarrassment or accepting that there is nothing that can be done about it. There are also a number of other women’s health conditions such as musculoskeletal pains through pregnancy that are also put to the side.
The truth is that women’s health physiotherapy can improve the quality of women’s lives and can result in significant changes in people’s conditions.
Women’s health physiotherapy includes:
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Sexual pain and dysfunction
- TENS for pelvic floor muscle activation and hire
- Pelvic floor vaginal assessment and treatment
- Pregnancy related issues such as pelvic girdle pain, wrist pain and carpal tunnel
- Exercise prescription, postural & lifestyle advice specific to pregnancy, the postnatal period and beyond
- Advice regarding abdominal support belts, compression garments for vulval varicosities, belts and supports for back pain
Rachel is passionate that all women have the opportunity to enjoy life and be able to reach their best physical potential. She is caring, specific, gentle and very motivated to support you and guide you through your treatment of care.
We understand that having a baby can be one of the most rewarding and challenging times in a person’s life.
Greg and Rachel bring a wealth of knowledge in when it comes to the skeletal and muscular changes of the body during pregnancy.
We know that it can be a common time that some women may experience lower back pain, rib pain and sciatica.
Our goals for care during pregnancy is very simple… Help expecting mums experience a comfortable pregnancy and to help facilitate an uncomplicated labour and delivery
After giving birth, women also experience massive changes in their bodies. Specific care and rehabilitation after delivery can help your body recover more quickly and cope with new physical demands as you prepare to carry an increasingly heavy baby around.
If you have been injured at work you need to get the right treatment as soon as possible. Getting the right treatment for injuries sustained via workplace accidents is vitally important to getting you out of pain and back to leading a normal life sooner.
Common injuries treated through WorkCover NSW insurance include:
- Lower back injuries and disc bulges, which can lead to nerve damage or sciatica.
- Sprain/strain injuries, this commonly occurs in the cervical spine (neck), shoulders or in the elbow (lateral epicondylitis, tennis elbow). This is often from poor work ergonomic and poor posture during long hours of computer work or any type of work that has a repetitive nature.
- Motor vehicle Accidents (MVA) are very common can have long lasting affects if you have been involved in a car accident. If you are driving directly to or from work, or driving is a normal part of you job and you have an accident, no matter whose fault it is, you may be eligible to claim your injury as part of WorkCover NSW. Common injuries associated with car accidents include whiplash, neck injury, dizziness, pin’s and needles in you hands or legs, mid-back pain and lower back pain.
Greg and Rachel are both registered providers through SafeWork NSW, SIRA and icare. If you want to find out more, please contact our team for further information.
Incorporation the option of Physiotherapy or Chiropractic, our team provides a multidisciplinary approach to injury rehabilitation.
We emphasize the importance of early injury recognition and treatment.
In conjunction with receiving a course of treatment, specific strengthening and flexibility exercises will be implemented. Progressive exercises are included in rehabilitation programmes to ensure the chances of relapses are minimal.
Treatment options include:
- acute injury diagnosis, education and development of a treatment plan to facilitate recovery
- customised home exercise programs
- identification of muscle imbalances in strength, length and motor control
- sport-specific screenings
- taping and fitting of ankle guards to prevent injury
- return to sport fitness testing
- immobilisation for injuries, such as casting, splinting and fitting of orthopaedic boots
- load monitoring advice, and
- pre-operative and post-operative care
Moree Boxing & Fitness
Ladies Boxing Fitness
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6am
- Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6pm
- Saturday mornings at 7am.
Boxing with Chalky
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6pm
Boxing training for anyone aged 12 and upwards.
Class costs for 18 and over is $5, 17 and under is $2. Annual membership is $25 for all participants.